Welcome to the World of Advocacy!
Most people do not bother to speak up,
so those who do have a dispro-portionate influence.
1. Speak up on behalf of children and adults at risk.
2. Statewide changes benefit hundreds of thousands of people.
3. 5-10 calls or letters gets your legislator's attention.
4. Legislators try to reflect your views.
5. We do not want good legislation defeated and bad bills enacted.
6. "Grassroot" calls and letters are effective and essential.
7. Your silence is counterproductive.
8. Postive reinforcement to legislators through calls and letters to recognize and appreciate good work.