A FREE Workshop By The Social Security Administration,
Click RSVP to register.
Areas of Focus:
- Information regarding disability benefits and the disability filing process
- How to file online and help a client quality for benefits
- How to use your My Social Security Online Account and other SSA online services
- What are Supplemental Security Income Benefits and how do they protect those that have not worked
- Reporting requirement when receiving benefits
- Review of other Social Security programs
- Benefits and eligibility requirements
- What early retirement does to your benefits
- How do you qualify for disability, survivor, and spouse benefits
- How to use your My Social Security Online Account and other Online Services
- What is the future of Social Security
- Understand how to get the most from your benefit
Please Note – You should create your my Social Security Account before attending the class and print out your Social Security Statement if you are not currently receiving benefits. Go to www.ssa.gov/myaccount
About the Speaker:
Kirk Larson is the Western Washington Public Affairs Specialist for the Social Security Administration. He has worked with the agency for over 25 years in both technical and supervisory roles. Kirk has presented Social Security information in both the Seattle and San Francisco Regions. He has had several articles published, and has appeared on TV and radio shows to discuss Social Security issues.
Continuing Education Credits
3 Continuing Education Credits from NASW WA:
Licensed Social Workers, Marriage/Family Counselors, and Mental Health Counselors.
As the class begins promptly, please arrive ten minutes early. Those who arrive late may be asked to leave without credit.
Those who stay to the end of class will receive a certificate of completion. Certificates will not be issued to those leaving early.
After registration is received, an Outlook Invitation with details and the exact location will be sent. Accept the invitation and we will know you are coming. If you do not receive an Outlook Invitation in three to five days, please contact us. We do not allow drop-ins.
Please contact the Training Department at least ten days prior to the training if you require special accommodations.
Cancellations must be emailed and received no later than seven days prior to the event. If we cancel the training, registrants will be offered the next class.