- Please note: in order to receive a certificate for class, you will need to accept the invitation to join Mental Health First Aid Connect. Before class, a pre-test needs to be complete. After class, there is a post test and evaluation before you receive access to your certificate.
- As the class begins promptly, please arrive ten minutes early. Those who arrive late may be asked to leave without a refund or credit.
- Those who stay to the end of class will receive a certificate of completion. Certificates will not be issued to those leaving early.
- After registration is received, an Outlook Invitation with details and the exact location will be sent. Accept the invitation and we will know you are coming. The invitation will include instructions on creating a profile on Mental Health First Aid Connect. We do not allow drop-ins.
- Contact the Training Department at least ten days prior to the training if you require special accommodations.
- Cancellations must be made emailed and received no later than fifteen days prior to the event.
Youth Mental Health First Aid
This class is taught through online pre-work and virtual classroom. The pre-work will take about 2 hours and must be completed before the live session.
Resources provided will focus on Northwest Washington.
To register and pay for this session please click here.
Sometimes first aid isn’t a bandage, or CPR, or calling 911. Sometimes first aid is YOU.
A young person you know could be experiencing a mental health or substance use problem. Learn an action plan to help.
Anyone 18 or older can take Youth Mental Health First Aid, but it is recommended for those who regularly have contact with young people 12-18 – teachers, coaches, social workers, faith leaders and other caring citizens.
Take a course. Save a life. Strengthen your community.
Anyone 18 or older can take Youth Mental Health First Aid, but it is recommended for those who regularly have contact with young people ages 12-18 – teachers, coaches, faith leaders and other caring citizens. This introductory course is not intended for current mental health treatment providers or school counselors.
What participants are saying about this course:
- “I have taken a lot from this course personally and professionally.”
- “Trainers were very fun/interactive/knowledgeable.”
- “Comprehensive, practical, hands-on.”
- “Building confidence in communicating with youth on these difficult topics, especially suicide.”
- This introductory course is not intended for current mental health treatment providers or school counselors.
Sign up to get the latest news from Compass Health: upcoming events, trainings, updates on new or current programs, and more!
"*" indicates required fields